Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Houston Summer

Houston, Texas is suffering from their hottest summer on record and we are also in the middle of a MAJOR drought!  Oh how I wish for a couple of rainy days, as they are good for the soul.  Around here, there is excitement over a five minute shower, but I thank God for whatever he sends down and do not complain.  He knows what we need and will send it in his own time and in his own way.  I never thought that I would say this, but a category one hurricane wouldn't be so terrible right now.  We could seriously use a good soaking.  Everywhere you look, this is what can be seen...

DEAD!


And seeing ads like on Facebook, just hurt! (I love you most days Ann Taylor!)  I cannot wait until the fall.


Everything is so ugly and depressing outdoors that I decided to bring a little cheerful summer indoors by making this wreath.  I absolutely love it!


We will be hanging an over sized mirror in the dining room next weekend and I will hang this to fall down it's center.  It makes me smile every time I walk past it. 


I hope everyone is staying cool (and getting some rain)!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment