Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reorganizing and Redecorating...

To start, I completely reorganized our hall closet, which moonlights as our second pantry/medicine cabinet/decor keeper, and it looks and feels fantastic!  Well, at least compared to what it used to look like.  We still need to install Elfa shelving, the Mr. needs to install VERY tall baseboards as we have some large holes in the sheetrock at the bottom and it could really use a nice paint job. 

Let's move on...

I have always been a neutral pallet kind of gal.  I like the color in my rooms to pop in the form of textiles, flowers, etc., not paint color on the walls.  Upon moving into the Chippendale house I became decor challenged and I have never felt so lost.  Even turning to my second Bible, the Pottery Barn catalog, didn't help at all.  In short, I ended up with some interesting wall color choices.  The Mr. has been out of town for SIX days and returns this evening.  He was in Minnesota sitting on a picturesque lake visiting with his Grandma while I was here with both of the little ladies and needless to say, it has been a very trying week.  I told him that his punishment for being in such a gorgeous location was that we are painting the formal living (the playroom)/kitchen this weekend !!!  Right now, it is a light blue/gray color with a navy blue accent wall.  While I love having an accent wall, I am not so sure that blue is the right color for us (or shall we say, ME).  A big thank you to my favorite blog, http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/,  you have inspired me to get back to my neutral roots!  Pictures will follow after the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment